- The Learning Center, St. Louis, Missouri, A+ & MCP’s NT 4.0 Workstation & Server
- Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, New York, Associate in Occupational Studies degree (AOS)
- I.C.I., St. Louis, Missouri, Real Estate Pre‑License School + Nuts & Bolts Sales Course
- High School Graduate‑ Greenfield High School, Greenfield, Illinois
- Scheduling of employees
- Hiring & firing
- Budgeting & cost control
- Inventory control
- Overall operations of high volume, high quality production facility
- Management experience as Professional Pastry Chef:
- Interpersonal Relationship skills & ability to rapidly build rapport with people
- Capable of drawing people out and relating to them on their level
- Sales experience in tangible and intangible product lines
- Excellent Communication Skills
Experis/Comsys @ TIAA-CREF, Migration Specialist, New York, NY 4/2011 to 10/2011
- Worked as Migration Specialist preparing new machines for deployment to replace existing users’ computers.
- Migrated user’s data and configuring their new computer with no loss of data or applications.
- Imaged Lenovo laptops & desktops using Tivoli & ASDS with Marimba software management & Safeboot encryption.
Non-profit Organization in NYC, Co-founder, Webmaster, Graphic Artist, New York, NY 3/2009 to present
- Organized non-profit group, establishing meeting place, promotions, and coordinating functions
- Developed website for organization, doing monthly updating and maintenance as required
- Created graphics, logos, promotional materials, banner, and advertising for group.
- Coordinated convention, special event, and parade activities for organization to raise public awareness of organization
US Census Bureau, Census Enumerator, New York, NY 4/2010 – 6/2010 and 4/2009 – 6/2009
- Worked as an Enumerator, verifying addresses as assigned in first stage of Census and following up 3nd stage.
- Worked in Quality Control- 2nd stage, following up and checking on work submitted by Enumerators in first stage.
- Worked with a handheld computer with direct public contact on a daily basis.
04/2006 to 12/2010- I made several trips to Europe to establish a small magazine publishing company in Prague, but when that failed, I returned to the USA, where I provided freelance software and hardware support to various clients & associates,
via remote access, telephone support, or on-site.
- Set up small business wireless networks with VPN using Windows Vista.
- Assisted with system functionality and performance issues domestically and internationally via remote access.
- Consulted with technicians on troubleshooting problems to solve client’s issues they were having difficulty resolving across all Windows platforms.
- Studied CBT training online for Exchange 2007 installation and configuration and MS Office 2007 support as well as Windows 7
- Completed CBT training to update my A+ certification for Win7.
- Freelanced with co-worker from Pfizer on deployment of Windows 7 in 2 small business environments.
Compucom IT Services @ Pfizer Corporate Headquarters, Deskside Technical Support & Migration Tech, 06/2002 – 04/2006
- Migration Tech for Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Inc to WIN2K, Outlook/Exchange, MS Office2K & XP, upgrading all desktop and laptop hardware and software to meet Sarbanes-Oxley requirements for systems security.
- Deskside Service Technician
- 2nd and 3rd level executive client support resolving issues escalated by the help desk involving client’s desktop systems or laptops and other connected devices, including migrations, upgrades, and asset management.
- Chosen for special Tablet PC development project, including Ghost imaging, software customization, and training to support all Tablet PC users throughout headquarters involved in FDA reporting process.
- In-home setup and support for wireless systems of VIP's & Executive’s home VPN’s and home computers, networking printers, peripheral devices (Blackberry / Palm), troubleshooting and resolving all issues as necessary.
- Remote Access Administrator for RSA tokens and ACE Server Administrator setting up remote user access accounts and resolving problems with their dedicated tech support or remotely with the client as needed.
- Chosen by management to loan to other Compucom accounts for special installation assignments and migration / upgrade projects involving travel to Washington, D.C., Pennsylvania, & Los Angeles, following customized scripted procedures and resolving any issues that arose to get the job done, whatever it required.
U-NEEK COMPUTER SERVICES, Consulting Services, 1998 – 2002
- Various Assignments as outlined below: (working with Manpower Professional, TechAid, TekSystems, Kelly Technical, and independently, personally migrating approx. 500 computers)
- East Coast Lead Migration Tech for Pillsbury-Winthrop Law Firm, WIN2K & Exchange/Outlook
- Migration Technician at Pitney Bowes for Compaq Laptops, WIN2K, asset tracking, Lotus Notes & settings.
- Upgrade Technician at Firstar Bank upgrading NT Service Pac 6, asset mgmt., & MacAfee Anti-Virus Engine
- Installation Technician at Jefferson Wells for Netfinity Server, test, troubleshoot, configure
- Desktop Migration Technician for numerous Social Security Office migrations, asset tracking, and upgrades
- Installation/Migration Technician for Convergys, Inc, First Bank, & Otis Elevator Co. office relocation
- Installation/Migration Technician for Manpower Corporate office, installing PC’s and Laptops, checking for Network connectivity, troubleshooting networking problem & implementing solution.
- Installation/Migration Technician for Sieman’s Business Services installing and configuring new laptops and desktops, testing and troubleshooting, as necessary, migrating to WIN2Kand implementing asset tracking.
- Traveling Support Tech for Union Planter’s Bank desktop migration project, involving Ghost imaging of machines hard drive to hard drive, and then configuring for network connectivity and restoring backed up personal data, & recording inventory information. Performed troubleshooting and system support as needed.
- Installation/Migration Technician for Missouri Social Services Office deploying IBM PC’s, backing up personal user data, installing new PC, implementing asset management, and reconfiguring new PC for connectivity and testing applications. Troubleshooting as necessary.
- Installation technician for Arch Coal, Inc. Corporate Desktop & Server Migration / Deployment involving Win9X/NT4 > WIN2K Pro, cc:Mail > Exchange/Outlook 2000, Token Ring > Ethernet, Office 9X > Office 2000, & hardware upgrade to HP e-Vectra, HP Vectra, & Toshiba Laptops with HP Asset Tracking.
- Project Coordinator for Wave Technologies International, Inc. coordinating development of Certified Internet Webmaster multimedia course curriculum.
- Installation/Migration Technician for Lucent/Avaya Technologies, configuring new laptops, utilizing Ghost imaging, PC to PC, reconfiguring new machines, and restoring backed up data.
- Installation/Migration Technician for AGEdwards, backing up data, installing new PC’s, and reconfiguring new systems, checking for connectivity and troubleshooting as necessary.
- Project Coordinator for Monsanto/Pharmacia PC Refresh Project coordinating installation process for team of technicians, managing human resources, equipment, and client issues. Involved ghosting, imaging of new systems and software/hardware installations
- Installation Technician for IBM working with NT 4.0, NT2000, Netfinity Servers, & POS cash register systems
- Graphics Artist at IBM Corporate Headquarters
- Developed presentations, proposals, and reports across multiple platforms for IBM sales reps around the world
- Administrative Assistant at U.S.P.S. Field Retail Operations Headquarters
- Administered Mystery Shopper Program for 18 state region of U.S.P.S.
- Special Assignment- Completed development and implementation of “Hub & Spoke” ordering system for 750 Post Office retail stores, which involved development of instructional “How To” manual (writing, editing, and publishing 255 page book)
SUMMARY OF PRIOR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Customer service experience as a Realtor:
- MS Office 97, 98, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, & 2010
- Windows 3.1, 95, 98, WIN2K, XP, Vista, & Win7
- Microsoft SMS & SCCS
- MS Outlook, Admin & migrations
- Tivoli OSD & ASDS Software Mgmt
- Marimba Software Mgmt
- Remote Access Admin
- VPN setup & support
- Active Directory Admin
- WAN & WiFi Support
- Blackberry Support
- Palm Support
- HP Tablet PC’s Imaging & Support
- Asset Management
- McAffee Safeboot Data Encryption & Antivirus
- ACE Server Admin for RAS remote access tokens
- WebEx, MeetMeNow, NetMeeting & other Videoconferencing
- Remedy Ticket Tracking
- Service Now Ticketing
- Corel Graphics
- Word Perfect 7.0
- Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge
- Lotus 1-2-3
- Lotus Notes
- PC Data Migrations & Refresh
- Lenovo, HP, Dell hardware
- Printer Networking Config
- Paint Shop Pro
- Norton Ghost
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Freelance Graphics
- Fireworks A4
- ULead Gif Animator
- Dreamweaver 8
- Antivirus remediation
- Lexis-Nexis installation & support
- MCP Certified NT Server 4.0
- MCP Certified NT Workstation 4.0
CARLIN W. LANGLEY, MCP & A+
New York, NY 11377